In this talk from October 2019, Eric Rignot suggests the possibility of 4 meters of sea level rise per century.
- Just extrapolating based on Antarctic marine glaciers retreating would yield the figure
- Notes a new model with results in the ballpark
- Notes the figure is in agreement with past sea level rise estimates
Not mentioned but this comes awfully close to Hansen’s 5 m estimate.
He also notes
- Antarctica is still only poorly probed, many glaciers lack observation
- Hotspots of past deglaciation unclear in Antarctica
Though, a new 2020 study (not featured in the talk), suggests contribution from unstable glaciers located in the Wilkes Basin.
Eric Rignot speaks October 7th, 2019 at The Beckman Center of the National Academies of Sciences and Engineering, gives an deglaciation update status on the state of the cryosphere. Watch the full presentation 31 minutes in length, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBJbpoKWo9g