It’s difficult to imagine, but currently the Netherlands is on a trajectory to be swept away by sea level rise. Previous measures are no longer sufficient enough in light of more recent knowledge.
- The question is not if the Netherlands will disappear below sea level, but when https://www.uu.nl/en/news/the-question-is-not-if-the-netherlands-will-disappear-below-sea-level-but-when
- As sea levels rise, how long until the Netherlands is under water? https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2019/12/as-sea-levels-rise-how-long-until-the-netherlands-is-under-water
- Antarctic ice sheets capable of much faster melting than we thought https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/28/world/antarctic-ice-sheet-retreat-intl-scli-scn-climate/index.html
- Peter Kuipers Munneke https://twitter.com/PKuipersMunneke
- Delta Works https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Works