Do you agree with YouTube’s assessment of the Climate State channel?
YouTube informs us, ‘Repurposing someone else’s content without adding significant original commentary or educational value.’ They link to this page, where they add:
This is content that doesn’t provide significant original commentary, or educational value. It may also mean that we’ve identified that large portions of your channel either completely match other content, or are noticeably similar. Examples include:
- Third-party videos stitched together with minimal to no changes
- Third-party content compiled without a narrative
- Content uploaded somewhere else first
- Content uploaded many times by multiple users
Do you agree with YouTube?
YouTube a major source for industry funded misinformation
For some more context, recent studies identified YouTube as a major source for supporting industry funded misinformation.
- Most YouTube climate change videos ‘oppose the consensus view’ https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jul/25/most-youtube-climate-change-videos-oppose-the-consensus-view
- YouTube Has Been ‘Actively Promoting’ Videos Spreading Climate Denialism, According to New Report https://time.com/5765622/youtube-climate-change-denial
YouTube enabled monetization of our channel in December, until now we produced two new videos, but last Friday someone acting on behalf of the company silently demonetized our channel again.
If you disagree with YouTube’s claim, share this post, and sign our petition where we ask that YouTube keeps our channel monetized. Thanks!