Alex Jones, i first posted about him back in 2011, when he hosted Monckton. Apparently over the years it became clear that he is just echoing talking points from the Koch Brothers denial machine.
Earlier this year the blogger Timothy Fitzpatrick summarized Jones views in regards to the views of the Koch Brothers
Koch and Jones’ political views line up perfectly
Here’s some perspective on the similarities between what Alex Jones preaches daily through his media empire and the Koch Brothers’ agenda:
- Minimum wage freeze
- Tea Party (Alex Jones claims to have founded Tea Party movement, so do Kochs—Kochs actually founded it: Study Confirms Tea Party Was Created by Big Tobacco and Billionaire Koch Brothers)
- Smaller government
- Laissez-faire capitalism
- Support Israel and neoconservative foreign policies despite being “libertarian” (anti-war)
- Stand with coal
- Support Keystone XL pipeline and conventional oil and gas development
- John Birch Society (Fred Koch a founding member of JBS)
- Libertarianism (David H. Koch was the Libertarian Party’s vice-presidential candidate in 1980; Kochs funded $250 million to libertarian causes from 1998 to 2008; Alex Jones is an outspoken Libertarian)
- Oppose socialized health care
- Oppose carbon tax schemes
- Oppose official narrative on climate change
- Attack renewable energy
- Anti-tax, especially for the rich
- Privatization of government services
- Ron Paul/Rand Paul (Koch Brothers Support Rand Paul)
- The Cato Institute (Ron Paul at the Cato Institute)
- Oppose net neutrality (Alex Jones’ Stance On Net Neutrality Proves He Is A Shill)
- Anti-police (Kochs have advocated criminal justice reform through Cato and The Charles Koch Institute; Alex Jones constantly fear mongers about the police state, even naming some of his documentaries “Police State”)
- Advocate restoration of U.S. Constitution (which is masonic)
- Monetary Reform, specifically a return to the gold standard
Thus, Jones disguised as a fighter for freedom, the only real truth and against injustice, is in fact only the mouthpiece of the far right, including orchestrated climate change denial. Hence why he deserves a mention here.
Meanwhile a study published in Nature Climate Change, for the first time identified all the networks, groups and identities which drive climate change denial in the U.S. Since i do not have access to the study it would be interesting to know the ties of Mr Jones, to expose his lies further.
In below video Jones aka a crazy eyed lunatic preacher rumbles about the current climate change conference in Paris.
Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/research/koch-industries-secretly-fund/
David Suzuki: Koch Brothers Continue to Oil the Machine of Climate Change Denial http://ecowatch.com/2015/04/08/koch-brothers-climate-change-denial/