Oct 24, 2011 by The University of Edinburgh http://youtube.com/user/EdinburghUniversity
Dr Richard Milne, School of Biological Sciences, presents Critical Thinking on Climate Change: separating skepticism from denial.
1hr 20min Lecture. This talk is about the psychology behind Climate Science denial and skepticism. It covers:
- The science of Climate Change – Could we be wrong?
- The claims of ‘skeptics’ – Do they stand up to scrutiny?
- Making sense of the debate – The crucial distinctions
- Understanding scientists – Consensus and the mavericks
- Understanding Denial – Why are some people immune to evidence?